Und Tschüss: Der "Wir haben uns aufgelöst' - Thread

eröffnet von everlast am 18.11.2003 15:15 Uhr
1.251 Kommentare - zuletzt von bumbangcrash

1.251 Kommentare
« Seite 29 von 51 »
PsychicSuicide
21.09.2011 19:50

Du hast schon recht obwohl ich diese Bands als nie so groß bewertet hätte was aber mit dem eigenen Geschmack statt der objektiven ansicht zu tun hat.

PJSD
21.09.2011 19:55

Stebbard schrieb:
Von der Popularität steht U2 da noch drüber, wobei R.E.M. immer sich selber treu gewesen sind. Sie haben sicherlich auch wesentlich nachhaltiger die Musikwelt von heute geprägt. Aber zu deren kaliber gehören sicherlich auch Bands wie The Cure, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers oder auch Radiohead und vll. Pearl Jam.

Auf jeden Fall eine der ganz, ganz, ganz großen der Musikwelt.

Zitat anzeigen

Kann man nur zustimmen. Gehören zu den großen unangefochtenen Bands, die noch aktiv waren und einen legendenartigen Status hatten. Wirklich schade.

21.09.2011 20:13

It's been a bad day.
Please don't take a picture.
It's been a bad day.
Please.

Zitat anzeigen

2005 nicht am Ring gewesen trotz Chance. Daher nie gesehen. Schade. Es hätte nicht sein sollen.

Stebbard
21.09.2011 20:46

Ich glaube, die meinen es wirklich so wie sie es sagen. Jedoch hoffe ich auf eine große Reunion demnächst.

Statements dazu

MIKE

"During our last tour, and while making Collapse Into Now and putting together this greatest hits retrospective, we started asking ourselves, 'what next'? Working through our music and memories from over three decades was a hell of a journey. We realized that these songs seemed to draw a natural line under the last 31 years of our working together.

"We have always been a band in the truest sense of the word. Brothers who truly love, and respect, each other. We feel kind of like pioneers in this--there's no disharmony here, no falling-outs, no lawyers squaring-off. We've made this decision together, amicably and with each other's best interests at heart. The time just feels right."

MICHAEL

"A wise man once said--'the skill in attending a party is knowing when it's time to leave.' We built something extraordinary together. We did this thing. And now we're going to walk away from it.

"I hope our fans realize this wasn't an easy decision; but all things must end, and we wanted to do it right, to do it our way.

"We have to thank all the people who helped us be R.E.M. for these 31 years; our deepest gratitude to those who allowed us to do this. It's been amazing."

PETER

"One of the things that was always so great about being in R.E.M. was the fact that the records and the songs we wrote meant as much to our fans as they did to us. It was, and still is, important to us to do right by you. Being a part of your lives has been an unbelievable gift. Thank you.

"Mike, Michael, Bill, Bertis, and I walk away as great friends. I know I will be seeing them in the future, just as I know I will be seeing everyone who has followed us and supported us through the years. Even if it's only in the vinyl aisle of your local record store, or standing at the back of the club: watching a group of 19 year olds trying to change the world."

Zitat anzeigen

NoelGallagher
21.09.2011 20:51Supporter

Jammerschade. Ganz große Band und mit Collapse Into Now treten sie auf einem sehr hohen Niveau ab. Tolles Album.

007holt
21.09.2011 21:09

Nicht schön. Eine von wenigen Bands die heute noch authentisch und sich selbst treu waren.

Stebbard
21.09.2011 22:01

NoelGallagher schrieb:
Jammerschade. Ganz große Band und mit Collapse Into Now treten sie auf einem sehr hohen Niveau ab. Tolles Album.

Zitat anzeigen

Bei mir auch derzeit noch in den Top3 des Jahres - Glaube auch, dass ihnen das ganz wichtig war, dass sie mit einem Ausrufezeichen gegangen sind.

21.09.2011 22:39

ganz große Scheisse. Einer der autenthischsten und besten Bands der letzten 30 Jahre. Sehr sehr sehr schade.

T1mbo
21.09.2011 22:59

NEIN. Ich sehe nur diesen Thread und den R.E.M thread ganz oben und hatte schon angst... sau sau sau traurig =( und will sie unbedingt live sehen.... schade schade schade

Anzeige
Anzeige