Travel from RaR to Cologne Bonn Airport (flight dept. 06:15)

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2014 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Metallica)

eröffnet von crazyhorses am 15.05.2014 12:00 Uhr
20 Kommentare - zuletzt von crazyhorses

Mephistopheles und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

crazyhorses
15.05.2014 12:00

Hello fellow rockers!

I have never been to Rock am Ring or Germany for more than a day. Can't wait to stay there for a longer period of time

I need to travel to the airport on monday 9th of june, monday, and I have to be there latest 05.30 in the morning. Do you know if there is bus or train heading for the airport or close to the city? I know there is a airport express bus from Bonn central station, see link.

http://en.swb-busundbahn.de/service/airport-express-sb60.html

many thanks in advance

DaHero
15.05.2014 12:07

Hi,

I don't think there is any way to get there by bus or train at 5.30 in the morning. Especially because the monday is official holiday in germany. So you will have to leave on sunday evening.

There is a airport shuttlebus:

Nürburgring D10 - Köln Hbf / Köln-Bonn Flughafen / Bonn Hbf
Sonntag, 08.06.2014: 18.00 Uhr & 21.00 Uhr

You should plan with a 3/4h walk from the mainstage to D10.

With the following prices:

Ab Flughafen Köln/Bonn: € 25,00 one way (€ 45,00 two ways)

You need a reservation to take this bus. Here are the details.

E-Mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.schneider-bank.de
Tel.: 02443 2446

RingPenis
RingPenis
15.05.2014 12:10

Yeah, you have to take the airport express to Bonn. I was at this airport once, and it is reallly small one

Then you have to take the train to Koblenz HBF.
bahn.de
you can look at this internetpage, which train you wann take. You can also buy a ticket their, but it is not neccessary. Also the most of the camping sites will open their doors on wednesday.

In Koblenz their will be a shuttelbus to Rock am RIng.

Have fun at Rar
Where do you come from?

crazyhorses
15.05.2014 12:48

Thank you for quick replies!

I actually have to be at the airport around 05.30, so I need to go around 04.00 or something? So I will leave sunday evening from Rar and go to Bonn.

DaHero: Nice, I will put in a reservation for the shuttlebus from Rar to the airport then I'll just have to wait at the airport for some hours but that's ok I guess!

Edit: oh, I will miss quite some bands if I leave 21:00 sunday.. Thats a bummer... What do you think it would cost for taxi from Rar to Bonn? 70 euros?

mrheckels
15.05.2014 13:11

Up to 150€ I guess. I have to pay 15€ for 10km at midnight, but it's about 100km to the airport.

edtheape
15.05.2014 13:13

crazyhorses schrieb:
Edit: oh, I will miss quite some bands if I leave 21:00 sunday.. Thats a bummer... What do you think it would cost for taxi from Rar to Bonn? 70 euros?

Zitat anzeigen

I´d expect a bit more, like 180€. Is there any chance for you to switch to another flight?

crazyhorses
15.05.2014 13:27

Oh... I'm not sure, its economy class with Air Berlin, I would guess that I can't, that's the normal policy in norway at least.

Edit: it's class N, so I guess I can re-schedule it.

edtheape
15.05.2014 13:49

Maybe you can find a better flight. In my opinion that would be the easiest / most convenient solution. Did you book your flight directly via air-berlin?

air berlin faq

where are you headed to from cgn?

crazyhorses
15.05.2014 15:03

Yes I'm trying to get to the air berlin service center, but the line is horrible, I'll try rebook the flight tomorrow. Then I can go to Berlin 16:55 instead

crazyhorses
15.05.2014 15:15

Yes 1 hour with flight from Bonn. I can see there is a rebooking fee of 70 euros for short haul and 120 euros for long haul. And back to Norway will be a long haul I guess, so it's probably the best just to go with taxi, if it's around 180 euros. I still have to pay to get to Bonn if I change the flight, so it adds up to even I think.

Edit: me and my buddy are going with taxi from the hotel to Rar every day, do you think we could make a agreement with a taxi driver that we go with him every day and maybe I can get a cheaper taxi to the airport?

Langer_jk
15.05.2014 16:11

crazyhorses schrieb:

Edit: me and my buddy are going with taxi from the hotel to Rar every day, do you think we could make a agreement with a taxi driver that we go with him every day and maybe I can get a cheaper taxi to the airport?

Zitat anzeigen

Where is your Hotel...?
Maybee you should email to your Hotel and ask for a shuttle service?
Think there arebetter chances toget a fixprice
[addsig]

mrheckels
15.05.2014 18:13

crazyhorses schrieb:
Yes 1 hour with flight from Bonn. I can see there is a rebooking fee of 70 euros for short haul and 120 euros for long haul. And back to Norway will be a long haul I guess, so it's probably the best just to go with taxi, if it's around 180 euros. I still have to pay to get to Bonn if I change the flight, so it adds up to even I think.

Zitat anzeigen

I made this agreement every year. A transfer to the airport should also be no problem then. But it always depends on the driver.

getalife
15.05.2014 20:41

a few friends of mine are leaving sunday after the last band. if you want to i can ask them if they can give you a lift to the airport. it just depends how much stuff you're bringing with you.

Langer_jk
16.05.2014 08:57

getalife schrieb:
a few friends of mine are leaving sunday after the last band. if you want to i can ask them if they can give you a lift to the airport. it just depends how much stuff you're bringing with you.

Zitat anzeigen

By flying with Air Berlin (ECO) the stuff should be small and tiny..
Flight luggage = 1 suitcase a 23 kg max.
With a status or extra opion he could be upgrade to 3 suitcases a 32 kg max.

crazyhorses
16.05.2014 08:58

I can ask the hotel, good tip getalife: cool! I think a backpacker bag (80 liters) and a smaller bag that I can carry on the plane. I would of course pay them for the trip.

getalife
16.05.2014 13:18

actually we are all driving back on sunday night. a friend of mine is bringing us home and i can give you a lift to the central station then. shouldnt be a problem.

CPomposo
02.06.2014 16:18

I'm in the same problem but going to frankfurt and yes it is crap...have to take a taxi 150€ no happy about it

crazyhorses
05.06.2014 11:11

I will go back to Daun from Rar early sunday evening, then to Gerolstein and train to Cologne, then Bonn, and to the airport.. Expensive but necessary :p