Questions from your neighbors

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2014 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Metallica)

eröffnet von MichelvdMolen am 07.05.2014 14:23 Uhr
7 Kommentare - zuletzt von ice-dk

Mephistopheles und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

MichelvdMolen
07.05.2014 14:23

Guten tag Festival people

I'm a long time festival goer, this is my first time going to RaR and I have some questions, unfortunately because I didn't pay much attention in German classes at school the official website doesn't really help me out much so I'm asking you guys.

So I saw there is a possibility to camp next to your car at something called "Nordschleife" and I need some clarification about it.
- Is it free for everyone who has a +camping ticket ?
- How fast does it fill up ? we are probably arriving around 11 wednesdaynight..
- What are the opening times for it, if we arrive that late will we still be able to get in ?
- Is it close/walkable to the actual festival ?
- What is the terrain ? asphalt, stones, grass, mud ? will my car get stuck ? Am I still able to get my tent pens in the ground ?
- What are the chances of my car getting damaged ?
-Should I pack my car full of beer or is there a shop close by so I can try out some new German beers ?
-Are portable radios allowed ?
-Are party tents allowed ?

that will be all for now

Vielen dank
Your next door neighbors from the Netherlands

MichelvdMolen
07.05.2014 14:38

Just found out about the "Nordschleifenticket " which is €62, but that's for one car then ? or 1 person ?

Topf
Topf
07.05.2014 14:43

Hello Michel,

first let me welcome you to ringrocker.

The "Nordschleife" is the classic part of the Nürburgring Race Track. To camp on the Nordschleife, you need a special "Nordschleife Camping Ticket" for 62,-€ for each person. The Nordschleife opens on Thursday, 10:00,so it's not possible to enter the area on Wednesday night. The distance to the festival site depends on where you take place along the Nordschleife, it is about 20km long
Terrain:well, it's a race track, asphalt and gras.
There is a possibility to buy beer for example in the supermarket in Adenau or in front of the "Eiffeldorf" for 1€/0,5l, but do you really want to get sober to drive to Adenau? If you have enough space in your car, carry as many beer as possible.
Party tents and portable radios are allowed, but maybe a portable radio isn't enough to be louder than your neighbor

By the way: there is another possibility to camp next to your car, the official Camp site Fischer in Muellenbach

Any questions left?

MichelvdMolen
08.05.2014 23:38

Thanks a lot for the answers!
That Camp site, is it part of RaR or is it a privately owned thing ? Is it just partying festival goers like a normal festival camping or is it more strict and with "regular" people also ? Also how far would the walk from there be ?

DiebelsAlt83
DiebelsAlt83
09.05.2014 00:01Supporter

We also have one or two dutch people in the community. I can not speak for them, but perhaps they may contact you.

Topf
Topf
09.05.2014 08:01

MichelvdMolen schrieb:
Thanks a lot for the answers!
That Camp site, is it part of RaR or is it a privately owned thing ? Is it just partying festival goers like a normal festival camping or is it more strict and with "regular" people also ? Also how far would the walk from there be ?

Zitat anzeigen

There are definitely no "regular" people on this private camp site, only RaR-Visitors. It's like Festival-Camping, but much more comfortable (car next to tent, 220V power connections, regular and almost clean lavatorys and showers and so on), but with extra cost.

ice-dk
09.05.2014 09:23

And canpsite Fischer is close to the warm up Party on wednesday with 3 Bands and many other Community ringrocker. Cheers