175 Kommentare - zuletzt von Jon_Snow

peachbumbangcrashJestersTearstyx90126KuekenMcNuggetBuendel
Buendel und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

175 Kommentare
« Seite 2 von 7 »
Sebbi
31.03.2003 15:38

die erste auflage der scheibe wird laut www.rockhard.de
mit bonus-dvd ausgeliefert, auf der die band 11 songs des neuen albums live spielt.
schaun mer mal...[addsig]

wackener
31.03.2003 21:52

hoffentlich kein verfrühter aprilscherz:

"The songs are brutal as hell, quite possible the most aggressive material the band has ever penned. They go all over the place - the attack is non-stop and shockingly ferocious. Musically, it's twisted, intricate, progressive, fucked-up and, more often than not, ultra-fast metal with industrial tinges. Lars Ulrich's trademark thick drum sound is nowhere to be found. Instead, the snare drum sounds like an oil barrel being smashed into pieces. At times the double-bass drumming reaches supersonic levels of speed and there are even parts that border on blast beats! James sings, screams and makes noises that could be straight out of a gory zombie flick. Traditional guitar solos? Forget it! It sounds as if SLAYER's Kerry King and AUDIOSLAVE's Tom Morello have had a big sit-down to decide on how to present the next chapter of the equilibristic side of the Devil's music. Melodies and catchy choruses? Forget it! It's all riffs, riffs, riffs... It's truly fucking sick stuff. As hard as it might to believe, METALLICA have made a musical U-turn that is nothing but sensational. Judging from these five, as-yet-untitled, songs, 'St. Anger' will, hands down, be the most brutal album ever to be released by a multi-million selling act."

wackener
31.03.2003 22:05

von blabbermouth. ich garantier allerdings für gar nix, falls sich hinterher raustellt, dass es n fake is... will mich nur absichern. *g* hier das komplette interview (hab ich aus nem andern forum kopiert):

Close-up's Martin Carlsson leaves an exclusive report from the studio north of San Francisco where Metallica's working on their new album "St. Anger".
I swear on the bible, on my mother's grave or whatever - the following text is nothing less than the complete truth. This statement needs to be made, quite simply because you're probably not going to believe me. I almost wonder if I've really listened to the new Metallica album "St Anger" myself, or if somebody has been playing a trick on me and played me some new, exciting aggro-band. You see, "St. Anger" is a chock, one of music history's greatest! It is as if "Load" and "Reload" has been deleted from the map, as if the Black Album never existed, as if the Metallica we've come to know never really existed. The five songs (all of which are as of yet untitled but the title-track) I've heard exhibits a sound so EXTREME and raw that all you can do is sit there chocked with your jaw on the floor.
I'm not joking.
Twenty journalists are gathered in the control-room of the studio north of San Francisco. We get comfortable. The air is vibrating with excitement, and then? BAM!! The first song (working title: Frantic) kicks in with hypnotic, almost industrial Slayer-riffs. What the fuck is going on? "You live it or lie it", chants James Hetfield and goes on with "my lifestyle determines my death style". It is ultra-tight metalcore like it has never been performed before. Lars ulrich's fat drum-sound is replaced with an oilrig-similar snare that's usually reminiscent of robotic industry-metal. "Do I have the strength?", a wondering Hetfield screams in the middle of the chaos. It is a maddening Blitzkriegstrategy with attack-waves of battering riffs, attacking from every angle for five minutes and 54 seconds.
I'm not joking.
The war as just begun, and I really mean THE WAR, because this music would be the perfect soundtrack to the media coverage of the war on Iraq. The title-track blazes away with a ultra-fast bulldozermosh that leaves Max Cavalera far behind. We are talking monster-metallized punk from another planet; a twisted and overdosed Dischange just released from rehab! We are talking beyond sound-speed, especially regarding the drum-work. The double-bass pounds away mercilessly and Lars Ulrich's use of the snare are almost -get this!- blast-beats!! It's going to be interesting seeing him trying to repeat this live - if the dane is usually soaked from sweat and carried to the lodge after traditional concerts, then he's going to need an oxygen-mask and hospital personnel to wake him back to life after this. Following this amazing intro comes a softer part where Hetfield sings "St. Anger around my neck, he never gets respect." This ten second long part, recurring a couple of times in the seven minute and 24 second long song, is the only part that could be classified as soft. The Producer Bob Rock (also on bass) assures me that this is the calmest, most stripped-down part on the whole album. WOW! A riff similar to "Creeping Death" follows. Hetfield howls "Fuck it all and fucking no regrets" (an exact recapitulation of the classic in "Damage Inc."). Towards the end of the song he screams "I need to set my anger free"... and this is exactly what he and Metallica does: releasing all their anger.
I'm not joking.
Song number three starts up like an updated "Ride the Lightning": MEga-fat thrash-metal in midtempo speed. The vocalist spits: "It and you can look out motherfuckers, here I come!". Sepultura's "Roots"-era sound reminiscent in this song, with the refrain "It world" repeated again and again. Before the song ends at five minutes and 51 seconds, Hetfield shouts "enough, enough, enough"
I'm not joking.
Have you missed the complex song-structures of "And Justice for All"? Compared to this around eight minutes long piece (working title "Monster"), the songs of the 1988 album seem more like simple Ramones' ditties. A progressive blanket of sound that warms like a massive and super-intricate Tool, only a thousand times heavier! Hetfield chants over a delicious part that goes into what could be called a chorus with some use of fantasy: "We the people, are we the people?". This phrase is repeated two times and "some kind of monster" three times before the singer concludes "this monster lives". There is actually something here that could be called groove, not entirely unlike Pantera although vastly heavier. The guitars are so damned insane, so damned evil, so damned incredible! The fact is that there isn't anything remotely like a traditional guitar-solo in any of these five songs. Hetfield and Kirk Hammett use their instruments like surgical tools. The guitars shrieks and scream as if Tom Morello and Kerry King made a deal and decided to take the Devil's music not one but ten steps further.
I'm not joking.
The most wicked part is however the last, whose working-name is "All Within My Hands". A very strange piece with an instrumental intro of one minute and fifteen seconds. The tempo is ultra-fast, taking so many twists and turns that you get all dizzy. "All Within My Hands" is shouted and then sung in an Alice In Chains manner. And the ending? MAN OH MAN! Like a possessed madman Hetfield screams "Kill kill kill kill!!" ad absurdum - we're talking deranged shrieks coming from a psychopathic Tom Araya (think Slayer's "Kill Again" only even more insane). You'd think it was over after that. But no. It is like watching an exciting thriller with so many surprises that you finally don't believe an ending is forthcoming. Yes, after a heavy-as-lead finale it winds down at eight minutes and 55 seconds.
I'm not joking.
20 Journalists finally leave the control-room and look at each other. No one needs say anything; the looks say it all: What in god's name have we just experienced? That Metallica, once tired old farts, have made a complete 180, and now sound like a bunch of hormone-reeking bucks in heat, is the most incredible thing that's happened in music history. "St. Anger" is the real "Reload". "St. Anger" doesn't sound like anything the group has done before, it hardly even sounds like Metallica. "St. Anger" is a modern, super-brutal metal-album that is going to chock and knock the entire music world. Melodies? Nope, there's not much here that reminds one of traditional melodies or arrangements such as verse, bridge, chorus. The 10th of June could become known as the day that shook the world. If you haven't catched on yet:
I'm not joking.
Martin Carlsson

DarkCounter
31.03.2003 22:08

doch, aber auch von offizieller seite her heißts, dass es das härteste album werden soll ... also ich denk, bzw. ich hoff, dass es stimmt ... freu mich schon riesig auf Metallica live !

sauron110877
31.03.2003 23:17

fett fett fett!

wann ist denn offizieller veröffentlichungstermin?
gibts da schon info?

Toedderich
31.03.2003 23:32

Quote:

On 2003-03-31 23:17, sauron110877 wrote:
fett fett fett!

wann ist denn offizieller veröffentlichungstermin?
gibts da schon info?

10. Juni. Wäre schon geil, wenn das stimmt.

Ungolf_ASD
31.03.2003 23:32

Tut mir leid, aber ich glaube es irgendwie immer noch nicht. Wenn Pfingsten plötzlich zwischen all den geilen Metallica Songs ein paar unbekannte Titel auftauchen die einem fast die Rübe abrocken dann glaube ich es! Aber vorher nicht!

berzlaender
01.04.2003 00:29

wie habe ich die neue kommerz-scheiße von metallica leid gehabt,war sogar am überlegen ob ich mir die kurzhaarigen überhaupt am ring anschauen werde da ich davon ausgegangen bin das die nur neues zeug spielen,so was wie load&reload...,aber nach dieser info, man wäre das geil wenn die wieder vernünftige mucke machen!

Ungolf_ASD
01.04.2003 06:59

Die spielen nicht nur neues Zeug, sondern vor allem auch viele alte Sachen.

Zeth_Gecko
01.04.2003 08:09

*gggg*

Habe auch gerade im Metallica-Studio-Forum diesen Artikel gelesen und wollte ihn hier posten...

Wenn das alles stimmt..... das wäre schon geil!

NEVER FUCK A FUCKER!

michiman
01.04.2003 09:02

Halte mich da an Ungolf! Bin erst überzeugt, wenn ich das live sehen und hören kann!
Habe keine Lust enttäuscht zu werden( hört sich an wie aus einer Soap, oder! Smiley )!!!!
Ich hoffe, dass die Kritik stimmt und es richtig krachen wird!!!!

EndThisWorld
01.04.2003 11:55

weiß denn irgendwer nen liedtitel? dann könnte man ja mal bei kazaa guggen oder so...

S-Made
01.04.2003 12:19

Bei Kazaa wirst du wohl noch nix finden, und Metallica wird höllisch drauf achten, dass nix durchsickert. Hier aber ein paar mögliche Songtitel:

1. Monster
2. St. Anger
3. Frantic
4. All Within My Hands
5. Dirty Window
6. Cursed
7. Sweet Amber
8. Temptation(s)
9. My World
10. Invisible Kid

Quelle: www.intersandman.com

Sebbi
01.04.2003 14:13

also ich trau dem ganzen auch noch nicht. ich bild mir echt erst ein urteil,wenn ich das teil mal gehört hab.

aber so ne richtig heftige thrash-scheibe wär schon geil...[addsig]

Schombes
01.04.2003 22:32

ich werd mir auch nichts runterladen!! hattte das mal bei weezer gemacht und das album entäuschte mich nchher ein wenig da ich nur demos erwischte, ich kauf mir am 10.6 gemütlich das album und freu mich mitm sebbi auf en bier wenn ichs das erste mal höre!

sebbi hat ha ferien und ich hab extra urlaub beantragt![addsig]

michiman
02.04.2003 08:53

@Schombes: Wie? Weezer hat Dich enttäuscht? Mit welchem Album?
Finde alles von Weezer genial! Das letzte zwar nicht so doll wie die anderen, aber auch gut!

Und ich werde mir von Metallica auch nichts vorher besorgen. Werde mir auch schon das Album kaufen und gut is!

Sebbi
02.04.2003 15:27

@schombes:ist das ein versprechen mit dem bier?
dann holen wir aber einen augustiner oder? Smiley

aber ob ich nach 5 tagen rar noch bier sehn kann...
naja,freun wir uns auf das album.[addsig]

Schombes
02.04.2003 18:32

@ hackfresse! weezer ist die genialste band der erde!! maladroit war zwar nicht ganz so gut wie die ersten aber trotzdem unendlich geil!!
ich meinte nur das ich die ganzen songs vom album vorher als demotapes gezogen hatte un dda hören sich manche songs anders an (wie ich finde9 besser als auf dem album fertig abgemischt!!

@ sebbi, klar trinken wir dann irgendwas! von mir aus bei mir daheim!

schickt mir eure Daten für die Ringrockerstatistik
www.ey-bunny.de.vu
schaut auf der HP nach es gibt auch was zu gewinnen!

[Nachricht geändert von Schombes am 2003-04-02 18:34]

Zeth_Gecko
04.04.2003 07:56

In einem neuen Video auf der Metallica In The Studio - Seite erzählt Lars, dass irgend ein Deutscher Labelvertreter gesagt hat, das Album sei:

Kommerzieller Selbstmord

Ausserdem erzählt Lars, es gebe keine Ballade, keine radiotaugliche Single und das die Aufnahmen zu dem Album sich musikalisch so anfühlen als würde man nahc 10-15 Jahren wieder nach Hause kommen.....

oh man wenn das alles stimmt.... wär schon geil.. nochmal so eine richtige geile heavy Tallica-Scheibe..

BANG THAT HEAD THAT DOESN'T BANG!

Oberholzklauer
04.04.2003 22:53

Und das sagt MTV dazu:

Schneller, lauter, brutaler: Metallica
Freitag, 04.04.2003

Wer gedacht hatte, METALLICA würden sich mit neuem Bassisten und neuem Album 'St. Anger' noch weiter in die Rock-Ecke drängen lassen, hat sich aber sauber geschnitten. Ersten Ohrenzeugen zufolge sind die Songs des Albums wieder ganz heftige Metal-Brecher geworden. Ein schwedischer Musikjournalist schreibt:

'Die Songs sind höllisch brutal, wahrscheinlich handelt es sich dabei um das Aggressivste was die Band je geschrieben hat. Es ist krankes Zeug und das härteste Album, das je von einem Multi-Selling Act veröffentlicht wird.'

Die CD soll zum normalen Preis als Doppelpack mit einer DVD erscheinen, auf der die Band im Proberaum die ganze Platte runterprügelt. Ausserdem hat Bob Rock produziert und das Album wird ca. 70 Minuten lang sein und 11 Songs enthalten. Wir sind selbst schon höllisch gespannt und erwarten sehnsüchtig den 10.06. wenn 'St. Anger' bei uns erscheint.

Zudem sind Metallica zum MTVicon 2003 ernannt worden und für die Zeremonie haben sich schon Gäste wie Korn, Limp Bizkit, Sum 41 und Avril Lavigne angekündigt. Bald seht und lest ihr mehr dazu auf MTV und MTV.de!

-----
Das mit der DVD hört sich auch nett an. Bin wirklich immer gespanter drauf.[addsig]

Gerry
05.04.2003 13:57

Du hast mir mein Posting wegeschnappt! Smiley

Das wollte ich posten!!! *grummel*
[addsig]

Anzeige
Metallica
St. Anger
Mehr dazu
Anzeige
Anzeige