Questions!

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2014 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Metallica)

eröffnet von VicDor am 22.04.2014 21:22 Uhr
32 Kommentare - zuletzt von BrunoMaia

Mephistopheles und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

VicDor
22.04.2014 21:22

Hello, everybody!
I'm going to this years RaR for the first time and I got a whole load of questions.
I'll list them by order of relevance to the festival:
1. What hours does the festival open every day - when do the acts start playing and when does the show close for the day?
2. I hear everybody talking about milk cartons for holding drinks. What’s the policy on flasks?
3. Will there be food at the festival, or should I pack a lunchbag?
4. It says in the FAQ that festival buses pick people up from Koblenz or Ahrbrück. I’m not going to camp at the site. According to last year’s schedule, there were daily buses, but only one-way: to the Nürburgring in the first free days and from the Nürburgring at the end of the festival. Should I expect the same this year?
5. Where can I contact people for carpooling to and from the festival?
6. Where can I contact people who house guests nearby the festival?
7. I looked up some options on Booking.com, but I got thrown to Cochem as a best option. Am I doing the search wrong? What's the best town to look for a room in, from which it's going to be relatively easy to get to the Nürburgring?
8. Will it be worth it to just get a place in Köln or Koblenz, and commute to the festival every day, or will the rides be too long and costly?

I was planning on 20 Qs, but so far nothing else comes to my mind.
Sorry if I ask noob or redundant questions.
Thanks in advance!!!

SaarRocker
22.04.2014 23:29

Okay let me try to answer at least a few questions:

1. The first day (thursday will be much shorter than the others. I think on thursday the bands will start playing around 5pm and probably Iron Maiden will close the day at 1am i think.
In the last years, the first bands of each day started at 2pm and the concerts last until 4am. The Main Stage Headliners usualy finish at 1am.

2. They do not accept any bottles or flasks i think.

3. There will be many Food stands at the festivalarea. But it's not cheap, so you an also pack a lunchbag.

4.I'm not sure at this Point, but i think you should expect the same.

5. Some People are carpooling on this Website but you can look for it on the Internet. Just click here

8. Nope. 60km to Koblenz and 100km to Köln. I think thats to far

If i'm wrong then just correct me. I hope it was helpfull for your

sprinkhaan
23.04.2014 06:26

7: i am afraid that the search for a room nearby is a bit to late, the closesed villages are mullenbach and nurburg it self. And otherwise Adenau is maybe an option, but you stil have to travel a bit. You also can try camping mullenbach , maybe they still have something for rent, but its stil a bit late i am afraid and fully booked.

VicDor
23.04.2014 07:55

I found one place in Koblenz and one in Altenahr. If the shows start in the afternoon, I think I'll be able to manage. I just need to find bus schedules.
SaarRocker, where can I find carpooling threads on this forum?

Cove
23.04.2014 14:22

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/rund-ums-festival/anreise

here is the bus schedule.

you can be at the festival site at around 2pm when you start from koblenz. but there is no bus driving back to koblenz at thursday or friday.
the latest bus back to koblenz on saturday and sunday starts at 12pm , which is too early to watch the headlining show.

maybe you try to get a hotel in adenau, nürburg , etc.

https://www.hotel.de/Booking.aspx?h_step=2&h_validate=1&oc=de-DE&lng=DE&hs_arrival=05.06.2014&h_hmid=147658&hs_departure=08.06.2014&dcc=EUR&HotelAgentllc=5775911&subagentcodellc=de_9&h_persons_total=1&h_rooms=1&h_persons=1

there is only one room left at the moment. and it's not cheap.

just some ideas.

VicDor
23.04.2014 17:37

Anyone can camp at the festival, right? Cuz that choice seems more and more logical now...

roxar
roxar
23.04.2014 17:40

If you have a festival ticket, you can camp at the festivals camping sites (for free).

Borland94
24.04.2014 21:02

VicDor schrieb:
Are there people coming to the festival without a ticket? Man, am I a sucker!

Zitat anzeigen

Yes some people do, because if you're lucky you can enter even the festival ground without a wristband that you would get for your ticket. But I'd suggest you to buy one before arriving.

eldrain
25.04.2014 07:26

Dear RingRockers.
It appeared this year that I’m going to RAR alone. So I would be pleased to join some crazy team on a field (camping-site as well). I do have my own camp, just looking for a company=)
I’m from Moscow, 26 year old. Risk-banker in Japanese bank (arigatooo=)). I’ve been to Download Fest and RIP already. Speak English. Einbischen deutch=) https://www.facebook.com/ilya.osver
[addsig]

VicDor
05.05.2014 11:54

Here's a question for the locals: I want to buy a leather duster. I will be coming to Germany from Italy (probably stopping in Switzerland). Where should I look for a cow leather trenchcoat below 400 euros?

VicDor
09.05.2014 09:34

Here's another one:
If I stay at the regular campsite, will I have access to he pay restrooms and showers, or is it a luxury saved only for the Nordschleife residents?

Borland94
09.05.2014 10:55

VicDor schrieb:
Here's another one:
If I stay at the regular campsite, will I have access to he pay restrooms and showers, or is it a luxury saved only for the Nordschleife residents?

Zitat anzeigen

I don´t know if I understood your question in the right way, but the restrooms and showers on the Nordschleife are (concerning my knowledge) only to use for people who camp there. But don´t worry, there are also showers and restrooms at the regular camping sites for which you have to pay.

VicDor
09.05.2014 12:59

A while back I saw info about lockers available at the festival, but can't find it anymore. Anybody got the link?

RingPenis
RingPenis
09.05.2014 13:12

is on the homepage:

Schließfächer

Wertgegenstände und andere wichtige Sachen können am Haupteingang auf B2 gebührenpflichtig deponiert werden. Schließfächer können bereits jetzt vorab online gebucht werden! Mehr Informationen findet ihr hier: http://www.carderobe.com/

Zitat anzeigen

"Lockers are at main entrance near B2, you can reserv them online"
more information are here.http://www.carderobe.com

VicDor
11.05.2014 18:57

SaarRocker, you said there are carpooling threads on this site. Can you give a link?

FBG
11.05.2014 19:05Supporter

VicDor schrieb:
SaarRocker, you said there are carpooling threads on this site. Can you give a link?

Zitat anzeigen

http://www.ringrocker.com/mobil/forum.php?op=viewforum&forum=39

or

www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de - www.blablacar.de