Need info, first time, traveling by train

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2014 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Metallica)

eröffnet von Pestario am 06.03.2014 20:19 Uhr
4 Kommentare - zuletzt von RingPenis

nikroxBob KelsoKreeekrybackIndiecaroRingPenisBury420KreeekHonk850Runnerdoralf321Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

Pestario
06.03.2014 20:19

First time Rock am Ring and I have some questions (my german is terrible :S).

I'm traveling from The Netherlands to the festival, what is the best train station to arrive? Koblenz Hbf or Ahrbrück?
How do I get from one of those train stations to the festival camping? Is there something like a shuttle bus?
What is the best day to arrive? I don't want to set up my tent too far from the festival area.
Is it possible to get back to Koblenz Hbf or Ahrbrück on Monday using busses?

as alternative..

If someone has a spot left in their car from The Netherlands to Rock Am Ring, i'd like to join the ride if possible!

roxar
roxar
06.03.2014 20:37

Pestario schrieb:
First time Rock am Ring and I have some questions (my german is terrible :S).

I'm traveling from The Netherlands to the festival, what is the best train station to arrive? Koblenz Hbf or Ahrbrück?
How do I get from one of those train stations to the festival camping? Is there something like a shuttle bus?

Zitat anzeigen

In the last years there were shuttle busses from Koblenz and Ahrbrück offered.
Further information for this year will be "posted early enough" on the festival homepage.

Pestario schrieb:
What is the best day to arrive? I don't want to set up my tent too far from the festival area.
Is it possible to get back to Koblenz Hbf or Ahrbrück on Monday using busses?

Zitat anzeigen

The best days will be Tuesday and Wednesday.
Last year, there were shuttle busses offered for the way back.

Pestario
10.03.2014 18:42

Thanks for the info. So I better wait until this further information is posted. Where can I find that on the homepage?

Those shuttle busses for the way back were on Monday as well last year?

RingPenis
RingPenis
10.03.2014 18:51

Yes, those shuttle busses drive also on Monday to Koblenz.

And you find these information on the homepage under http://www.rock-am-ring.com/rund-ums-festival/anreise.
I am a bit surpised, that their is no english version of the festival homepage.
Under the dot "shuttle busses" you only find information about shuttle busses from camping area to festival area.

Have a nice time at RaR

Pestario schrieb:

Zitat anzeigen

Like Roxar said, the earlier you arrive, the better the plays will be. Last year most camping areas opened at wednesday at 12.00.

Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon