Information about 'Helga'

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2006 (u.a. mit Depeche Mode, Guns N Roses, Metallica, TOOL)

eröffnet von DennisNL am 15.05.2006 12:27 Uhr
26 Kommentare - zuletzt von doyleposse

KaanHonk850BillyJoeChristianBNPRTKreeekcrushademehlsackRhapsodeRingPenisSpawnClanGizmo953
Gizmo953 und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

DennisNL
15.05.2006 12:27

Hey ringrockers,

Got a question about the whole Helga thing. I've visited RAR last year and lots of people were screaming HELGAAAA continuously during the weekend Smiley Can someone tell me how this started? Who is Helga, how long is this going on etc.? I'm looking for some background information.

In Holland the same thing happened on the Lowlands-festival. Everyone started yelling THEO, because two of his friends lost their friend (called Theo) and started looking for him by screaming his name. Soon thousands of people did the same Smiley

Thanks for any info!

derNobbie
15.05.2006 12:43

Hi

At first I´d like to apologize for my bad english. It´s been a while since i´ve been at the last lesson Smiley

The "whole Helga thing" as you call it - in my opinion it´s only a "urban legend".
I first recognized the people screaming HELGA visitng the Bizarre festival 2000 (my first festival).
Even there people all over the campsite were screaming this. Me and my friends asked several neighbours about the story behing Helga.
In the following sentences I tell you what we got:

There isn´t only one story about "her".
In the first version the Helga thing is 100 percent according to the THEO in Holland.

Second version tells about a couple seperated from each other. The guy´s missing his girlfriend named Helga. So he runs across each campsite screaming her name.
In the end he found her having sex with another guy in their tent.

Lots of versions can follow, maybe they become blurred by the time - the only thing I really KNOW is, that 2000 wasn´t the first festival year with helga-screaming people during the weekend.

Hope, I can help you even if it´s not much that I know ´bout.

Greetings and see you at rock am ring 06
derNobbie

Teonanacatl
15.05.2006 12:50

Well, there are many festivals which claim to be the origin of "helga". The most recently heard Stories in Switzerland are those of the Openair St. Gallen, though. There are about 3 Versions, and nobody knows exactly how and where helga came from.

In some rumours Helga is a Dog, in some Other Helga is a Girl.

But there are many many People who will let this running Gag keep alive.

Rastapopolus
16.05.2006 13:56

Good Morning,

this is my first post in this forum and i'd like to say hello!

I heard that "Helga" is the "civil" version of "Slayer".

At Metal-festivals like the wacken Open Air and the Graspop in Belgium most people are not screaming "Helga" but "Slayer".

A friend told me that the roots of "Slayer" can be found in the early With Full Force Festivals. When Slayer played the WFF the crowd went wild and began screaming "Slayer" hours before the gig started.

svenf
16.05.2006 13:57

Smiley

Zitat:
HR

Good Morning,

I heard that "Helga" is the "civil" version of "Tokio Hotel".

At Metal-festivals like the Bravo Open Air and the Pippipop in Belgium most people are not screaming "Helga" but "Tokio Hotel".

A friend told me that the roots of "Tokio Hotel" can be found in the early With Full Pempas Festivals. When Tokio Hotel played the WFP the crowd went wild and began screaming "Mami, Billlllllllllllllll, Tokio Hotel" hours before the gig started.
HR

mrkilmister
16.05.2006 14:08

Zitat:
HR

svenf schrieb:
Smiley

[quote]
Good Morning,

At Metal-festivals like the Bravo Open Air and the Pippipop in Belgium most people are not screaming "Helga" but "Tokio Hotel".

A friend told me that the roots of "Tokio Hotel" can be found in the early With Full Pempas Festivals. When Tokio Hotel played the WFP the crowd went wild and began screaming "Mami, Billlllllllllllllll, Tokio Hotel" hours before the gig started.
HR

[/quote]
not bad. it doesnt matter what is the origin of helga.
i'll just keep it alive.

HELGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH[addsig]

Rastapopolus
16.05.2006 14:11

Zitat:
HR

svenf schrieb:
Smiley

[quote]
Good Morning,

HR

[/quote]

Smiley

On Metal Festivals there is no Helga, only Slayer! Possible idea I think!

Valmont
Valmont
16.05.2006 14:23

Zitat:
HR

Rastapopolus schrieb:

On Metal Festivals there is no Helga, only Slayer! Possible idea I think!
HR
OH YEAH !!

SLAAAAAAAAAAYÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖR[addsig]

heulsuse
16.05.2006 16:47

helga is just a dirty little bitch that goes to nearly every festival in europe. it is rumoured that she has blonde hair, really big tits and a nice ass. since nearly every guy on a festival is a horny bastard, everyone wants to meet her and screams for her.

simple as that Smiley

Marx
17.05.2006 10:45

HEeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BikerHH
17.05.2006 10:52

Zitat:
HR

Marx schrieb:

HEeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
HR

da is jemand noch breit ;P

JohnnieWalker
16.12.2007 12:46

Zitat:
HR

Henning schrieb:
There is something like TIMMY too.

I think even my vioce is too deep to cry BIIIIIIIIIILL
HR

HEEEEEEELGAAAAAAAAAAA
SLAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TIMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Smiley

und natürlich "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLL!"

doyleposse
09.04.2009 22:40

In the UK when I was younger we used to shout Walley for some strange reason - oh and by the way I know it s been a while since some of the posts but your English is great.[addsig]

doyleposse
09.04.2009 23:35

that was in the 1970's by the way.

Das war in den 1970er Jahren durch die Art und Weise[addsig]

Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon